Two-Year-Old Boy Bitten Three Times by Snake
A two-year-old Queensland boy has been bitten three times by one of the deadliest snakes on the planet. The boy has suffered brain damage.
On September 26th, Eli had to be revived by paramedics after stepping on a local taipan snake when collecting eggs from his chickens’ pen at his parents’ house in Agnes, Queensland.
Paramedics are shocked that he made it through the procedure. His parents have even informed that he will be moved from his house to intensive care.
‘We don't know the extent until he starts to come around (sic) a bit more. He is really sensitive, easily overstimulated.’
She said Eli’s rehabilitation could take months.
‘The area that has been affected the most was the occipital lobe, responsible for what he sees,’ she continued. ‘So our spectrum for Eli is not recognising objects, to hallucinations, to blindness. He may also have some motor function impairment.’
‘The past is the past and he is changed forever. So are we.’
Snake experts said Eli is incredibly lucky as the local taipan is the sixth most venomous snake in the world. Being so young and receiving a bite like this has experts ‘in shock’.
It is believed that the snake was searching for rats and mice, and found the toddler while he was off guard.
Family friend Blake Hyland has created a website where you can give money to support Eli.
By Tuesday afternoon, the family had already raised $23,000.
About the Author: Ella Cee
Rawwwh!! I'm a zombie and I'm going to eat your brains!! My name is Hella Criptlow – Sadvilliage and I’m 111 years old. I hate writing biographies so I'm going to order my lunch. ‘Waiter… Oi, I want a small slice of brain cake!’ Raawwwwh!!